Posted on April 28 2016
Hair extensions have become increasingly popular, and most major metropolitan areas have salons that offer hair extensions as part of their services. Some extensions are glued or clipped into the natural hair. In other instances, the natural hair is braided to the scalp and the extensions are sewn into the scalp. As popular as hair extensions are, it is important to know the pros & cons when getting extensions for yourself.
Check out the 3 Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Hair Extensions below.
The Pros of Using Hair Extensions?
- You want to change your look: Bored with your look? Hair extensions allow you to experiment without permanently altering your style. You can experiment with color and texture combinations with no commitment and without having to process your natural hair. The versatility of hair extensions is countless.
- Confidence Booster: Longer, fuller, shinier strands instantly. Similar to a great blowout or a killer pair of shoes, hair extensions can give you a little pep in your step.
You want to grow your hair out: If you have short hair that you're desperate to grow out, extensions will instantly add length and ease your frustration. Or you just want to add volume!
The Cons of Using Hair Extensions?
- Needs time to get use to: If you have never worn hair extensions it will take a few days to get used to!
- Cost: Costs hundreds of dollars--installation, and maintenance.
- Maintenance: You must take care of the hair, and not neglect it!
Many choose hair extensions because they are safe, and effective at making you look and feel better. They are like makeup, a nice accessory that every woman wants to have to enhance her look. Choose the hair extension type based off of your lifestyle and needs. All in all, hair extensions are a great investment in yourself.